Monday, April 29, 2024

I'm back....

 My Wonder Spouse and I returned yesterday from our ten day driving trip to and around Florida. The purpose was to visit friends and family on both sides of our newly merged families, and also to see some parts of Florida I've never seen before.  I'll be hitting the highlights in the next few blogs, in no particular order.  Our general travel plan was to stop and visit with people, take them to lunch or dinner, then spend our nights in convenient hotels.  My WS, being the super organized sort, had the whole trip laid out on a spread sheet, all of the hotels reserved and when possible prepaid.  The other thing that made my WS so wonderful was that he did all the driving.  Believe me, driving I75 in Florida is risky business at best.  If you long for thrills, I recommend it.  He quickly realized that the posted 70 mph speed limit was merely a suggestion that seemed to reflect the minimum realistic speed.  The other fun thing about driving in Florida is that when you exit the interstate you don't end up on a quiet little side street, just another super fast four to eight lane highway.  We have already decided that our next trip to FL will involve flying.  But enough about roads.  Out first stop in FL was to visit friends of mine who live in The Villages (population 150,000).  They have lived there for 14 years and love it. It has many lovely features including 50 golf courses and country clubs, many restaurants and nightly music in the squares, lots of groups and activities. It also has cute little golf carts running all over the place.  My friend admitted though that it's faster to get places in their car.  It was a nice place to visit, but not my cup of tea. More about the places I really loved will follow in the next few blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment