Tuesday, April 2, 2024

my good doctor...

 Those of you who are faithful readers of my blog (and I really do appreciate you) will have noticed that I failed to blog last night. I have a valid excuse.  Yesterday morning I woke up with a backache that had been bothering me off and on for several weeks.  Not sure if it was worse because of all the hustle and bustle on Sunday, but it was bad, so I decided I should call my doctor just in case it was something serious. I called at nine in the morning and was told to  come in at 5:40pm.  No delay, no "we can get you in in three weeks." It was obvious when we got there that I was his last patient of the day, but he took his time with me, listened carefully to my complaints, felt the muscles of my back and said they were "all knotted up."  And this is why I like my doctor so much, he offered me options.  I could solve the problem with some exercises or he could give me a prescription.  He said exercise would work better, which was just fine with me.  So he gave me a page of exercises to do three times a day and sent me home.  After we got home and had supper, I decided to go through the exercises before I went to bed. I did, then fell into bed exhausted, and forgot all about blogging.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  

PS I did my exercises today and they are beginning to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment