Thursday, April 11, 2024

picture this....

 My Wonder Spouse and I spent this rainy day hanging pictures.  It started when I decided to tackle the few remaining boxes that I had not unpacked since everything got moved in after our wedding.  All of the pictures that I had brought from my apartment were in those boxes, and when I told my husband that I would like to have them hung up sometime he got right on it.  One of his endearing traits is that once he starts a project, he doesn't stop until it's done.  This is really good for me since I'm a world class procrastinator.  I didn't realize how much I had been missing my pictures until I saw them all hung up.  It was like welcoming old friends into my new home.  Here are a few examples. 

I'm sorry this is so dark.  I didn't think to take pictures of my pictures until evening.  I bought this original painting at an art auction at our church many years ago.  Now it's hanging in our living room.
These two pieces, not really pictures, but definitely wall art, are now hanging in our kitchen.  The top piece is a 'wedding spoon' that I bought in the Lapland area of Finland on a trip some years ago.  I had no idea at the time that I would be a bride again someday.

The bottom piece, a trivet, so also kitchen appropriate, came from another trip, this time to Australia.  After my first husband died I was blessed with friends who liked to travel.  Now, after 18 years a widow, I have a new husband who likes to travel.  Isn't life surprising?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment