Tuesday, April 9, 2024

still things to celebrate

 My west coast brother assured me today that, even though the eclipse is over, there are still things to celebrate.  First, in the category of natural phenomenon, they have a white headed robin living in their yard.  I've never heard of such a thing but he sent me a picture.  He also sent me a list of special days to be celebrated on April 9 - National Unicorn Day,  National Chicken Little Awareness Day, and most important, National Cherish an Antique Day.  I haven't seen any unicorns galloping by and the Chicken Little story scared me when I was very young, but cherishing antiques sounds good.  My brother says that his wife cherishes him so that's all good, but according to Google, an antique is something over 100 years old.  While I cherish my spouse and he cherishes me, we are not antiques yet.  Give us 20 years and we will be, and, guess what, in 2044 the next eclipse will be here.  I'd better save those glasses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment