Sunday, April 7, 2024

mapping it....

 As I think I mentioned in an earlier blog, my Wonder Spouse and I will be leaving later this month on a driving trip to Florida.  Along the way and along the way back we will visit friends and family, one or two families each day.  What I'm marveling at is the fact that WS already has the trip all "mapped out."  My recent phone and text conversations consist of "We will be in your area on such and such a date. Can we get together for lunch or supper?"  Or, better yet, we'll be at your place on such and such at date at 5:00pm."  He also has all of our hotels booked, even out on the Keys.  And of course we will navigate to each place using GPS.  Don't get me wrong, I admire all of this precision, I really do, but today I found myself thinking, wouldn't it be fun to have a AAA Triptic to guide us?  Do you remember those?  Just flip page after page to know exactly where you're going.  I would also like a couple of really big maps that, once unfolded, never quite allow themselves to be refolded correctly.  I am still a member of AAA (they have gotten me out of many sticky spots over the years) and, while I don't really think I need a Triptic, I might just ask for a big map of the eastern US and possibly one of Florida.  They don't take up much space, and WS, having been a Boy Scout, should appreciate my urge to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment