Monday, April 8, 2024

It's all over...

 The eclipse has come and gone as we knew it would, but wasn't it fascinating while it lasted? My husband and I watched from our back yard so we did not see the total eclipse, but it was so close.  We watched as the moon ate the sun 'til only the tiniest speck of orange was showing on one side.  Alas, that's as close as we got to totality,  But, as we sat there enjoying the show in the sky, we also felt the air get cooler, heard the birds excitedly chirping to each other, and listened to a few dogs barking.  Nothing from the squirrels; I think they were just hiding.  We also heard some fire works going off.  I'm not sure why fireworks seemed appropriate, but it made me think of primitive people making loud noises to bring back the sun.  All in all, a totally enjoyable afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment