Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Oh, brothers.....

 After my west coast brother informed me this morning that today is Siblings Day, what else could I write about? It's also, as it happens, National Farm Animals Day and Safety Pin Day.  Since I do not have farm animals (although my WCB does have goats) and can seldom find a safety pin when I need one, as a topic siblings won out.  I have had two brothers and am blessed that one is still alive.  As you know, my west coast brother and I communicate daily, and, even though he and my dearest sibling-in-law live way out west, we get together when we can. They came here in July for a big family reunion, I went there for their youngest daughter's wedding in October, and they were back here for my wedding in January.  I really love the closeness of our families. Not forgetting that he put a dead snake in my car, I do still love that brother, but today I'm also remembering my other brother who died in 2019.  After my first spouse died and my brother was divorced, we travelled together several times and developed a closer relationship than we had had for many years.  We were so blessed to have that time together.  And speaking of traveling together, here's a picture of the two of us on one of our first, admittedly short, trips together.  


Some of you, if you grew up in Fort Wayne, may remember the photographer who came through neighborhoods with his horse, and took pictures, for a fee of course, of children on the horse.  The thrill of my five-year-old life was, that, after this picture was taken, he let me stay on the horse and ride all the way to the other end of the block.  In case you're wondering, my west coast brother is ten years younger than me so was not on the scene yet.  Happy happy Siblings Day to all of you who are so blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment