Thursday, August 17, 2017

Another Restaurant Review

A friend and I went to Tolon's in downtown Fort Wayne for supper this evening.  It was the first time we had eaten there and I enjoyed it very much.  On their website the restaurant is described as elegant dining in a casual setting.  Both were true.  The setting was very pleasant and the food, locally sourced, organic, was delicious.  We were seated at a window side table for two looking over Harrison Street. We started with a shared appetiser, deviled eggs. That sounds simple enough, but they were beautifully presented with swirled cones of yolk mixture capped with bacon crumbles; quite spicy but very good. I chose the watermelon salad which was very good but huge (they graciously boxed part of it for me) and Al had the potato soup.  This was really the most fun item. He was presented with a bowl in which rested a round scoop of iced sour cream and some crisp potato chips. The waiter poured the hot potato soup over this and said to stir it. The cream melted and, I'm told, it was delicious.  I will definitely try it next time. For our main courses he had a veal chop, excellent, and I had a pork chop with a light cherry BBQ glaze and a spicy corn mixture loaded with pieces of bacon. All in all an excellent experience but pricey. We both agreed that it is a place for special occasions.  An added perk, it's an easy walk from my apartment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment