Friday, August 25, 2017

more about special days

Who creates these special days anyway, and what are we supposed to do about them? Some are pretty obvious, like "Talk like a pirate" day. People just walk around saying 'aarrrg' to each other and wering eye patches. But what about tomorrow? Tomorrow is "National Dog Day". I don't currently have any dogs but I do have three granddogs. Am I suposed to buy them presents or send them cards? They make all sorts of cards these days; the obvious ones for Mothers Day and Fathers Day, wedding and sympathy cards. Speaking of wedding cards I reacently saw one that said 'to the bride and bride.  There are even cards out there congratulating or commiserating on divorces so I guess I wouldn't be surprised to find a section of Dog Day cards. On second thought they have never sent me a card on Grandparents Day so I guess they will just have to get along without any Dog Day cards from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment