Monday, December 27, 2021

a marvelous mug

 I have never received such a nice looking gift (the mug I mentioned yesterday) with such incomplete directions.  Or maybe I am just over complicating matters.  The paperwork that came with this heat holding mug shows how to press the on button and what the various colored lights on it mean.  Red - flashing, the mug's battery is charging up.  Green - it's charged and ready for me to pour in the tea.  When I followed their directions and went on line to learn more, I got a video demonstration of how to press the on button.  I really had figured that out.  What I finally discovered, after diligent searching, was that, if I want to keep my tea warm for longer than an hour and a half, I need to keep the mug on the little electric charging coaster. which first needs to be charged itself.  It turns out that what makes the mug hold heat is a liquid between the inner and outer layers that, evidently, holds the heat, once it's charged up.  This is supposed to be amazing new technology and I supposed it is but, I must admit, it reminds me of the feeding dish I had for my son when he was a baby.  I could pull out a little plug, fill the inside of the dish (between the layers of plastic) with hot water, pop the plug back in, and it would keep his food warm while he dawdled over his food.  What goes around comes around I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment