Saturday, December 11, 2021

keeping it simple

 This evening I watched the special Christmas edition of The Great British Baking Show.  I like this show.  It's fun to watch competitors make dishes I will probably never even taste, let alone make.  One of the main reasons is that I don't own a huge counter top, super strong food processor.  When I do whip up a cake it's using my good old hand held avocado green mixer.  The color will give you a clue to it's age, but it still works and it fits in my cupboard when I'm finished with it.  The other reason is laziness.  Tonight, while watching the show, I was able to add five items to my list of foods I will not be including on my Christmas day menu.  I will not be making a completely edible ginger bread house.  I did like how she decorated all of the flat surfaces before she assembled the house though, very smart.  I will not be making Minced Pie, although it did look tasty.  I will also not be making Stolen or Tunis Cake with Marzipan decoration or Black Bun with Short Crust pastry.  Most of these baked goods contained lots of fruit including raisins and currants (is there a difference?) which reminded me that I am one of the few people in the world who like fruit cake.  I will look for one on my next trip to the grocery store.  

No comments:

Post a Comment