Thursday, December 23, 2021

green beans, continued

 I love it when things work out at the grocery store (or anywhere else for that matter).  I was right and the recipe for green bean casserole was on the back of the can of green beans, Del Monte to be exact.  Good for them! I was pleased to find the recipe and the beans, then proceeded to search for the other ingredients.  Happily, almost all of the ingredients were in the same aisle.  The real challenge came when I spied the only two cans of French fried onion rings on the very top shelf, one stacked on top of the other.  When I stood on my tiptoes I could just reach the bottom can.  I carefully eased it forward to the edge of the shelf, keeping the other can balanced on top, lifted them both down without incident and put them in my cart.  That's when I noticed I had an audience.  The aisle had been empty when I started my attempt.  Bottom line, I have everything I need for the casserole and my Christmas dinner, and I received a polite smattering of applause.  

No comments:

Post a Comment