Monday, December 9, 2019

a new decorating touch

I'm almost at the end of my Christmas decorating for this year.  The tree looks good, there are other Christmasy bits of decor around my apartment, there are even seasonal guests towels in the bathrooms.  However, I'm not too sure about the lights I strung along my balcony railing this year.  For the last three years I had long "ropes" of multi-color outdoor lights wrapped arount the top railing and it looked pretty good.  However, probably because of too much wrapping, those lights died on me by the end of the season last year.  So this year I decided to try something different.  I bought two long strings of blue icicle lighta and strung them straight along the railing fastening tthem at about four-foot intervals, Now I'm wondering if I made a big mistake. Instead of hanging in a beautiful, natural looking (blue should have been my first clue) row, the wires are a little twisted and saggy, and while some of the icicles are hanging down as they should, others are pointing sideways and a couple are pointing up.  This is NOT a "natural look" for icicles.  I shall continue to tweak them and maybe try for a different look next year.  At least it's a pretty color of blue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment