Wednesday, December 18, 2019

mistakes and misteaks and misstakes

Some mistakes can lead to good results, some not so much.  Case in point, I was finally getting around to mailing out my annual Christmas poem this evening.  I had seven notes written (I can't just send out a naked poem) envelopes addressed, poem stuffed inside, but thankfully no stamps on yet, when I realized I had a typo in the third line.  It's Arctic not Artic.  So I reprinted the poems and will work on mailing them out tomorrow.  Happily I hadn't used up all my fancy paper.  
The second mistake had a much happier outcome.  While entering a friends address in my contact list (not everything had transferred over to my new phone) I accidentally dialed her number. It was ringing before I realized what was going on so I decided to wait and see if she would answer. The is a friend who I don't see much because she lives in Texas.  She answered the phone, did have time to talk, and 45 minutes later we had pretty much caught up on each others lives.  A very satisfying accidental phone call.  

No comments:

Post a Comment