Tuesday, December 31, 2019

it's almost 2020

Here it comes, ready or not, 2020 is almost here.  Do you remember when 1984 was science fiction and seemed so far away?  Do you remember when we ushered in the year 2000?  People (a cousing of mine in particular) were pretty sure the second coming was about to happen.  This particular cousin and her hsuband left a party early just in case.  I guess she felt that she would be safer at home.  So now it's (almost) 2020.  I like the sound of 2020.  2019 was a good year but just an ok sounding number.  Perhaps I like the sound of 2020 because I associate it with good vision, a very positive thought.  I did see an interesting suggestion an Facebook today.  It suggested that, when writing the new date, 2020 should be written out completely.  1-2-2020 instead of 1-2-20 for example.  The article suggested that if you just write 20 someone could change the date by adding two more digits.  20 becomes 2019 for example.  I haven't figured out yet when thos would be a problem, maybe if someone tried to change the date on a will to make it appear that it was written earlier.  I shall probably write 2020 on my checks, etc. just because I like it and I'll be watching for examples of when changing the date would be a problem.  I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, Happy New Year!!!  Bring on 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment