Saturday, December 28, 2019

blueberry blues

Well, I baked the blueberry cake today.  (See my post from two days ago.)  I need it for a carry in at church tomorrow.  I followed the directions carefully and it smells wonderful but it looks, well, flat.  I wondered when there was no baking soda or baking powder in the recipe, but it's a recipe in our last church cookbook, submitted by a friend who said it was her sister's famous blueberry cake recipe.  I mean, that sounds credible doesn't it?  Never the less, it is a pretty flat cake.  You might even say dense.  I suspect that my little old hand mixer (approximately 50 years old) just didn't have the power to whip enough air into the mixture even though I mixed the soft butter and sugar until it was fluffy and added the eggs and flour as directed.  My plan is to call it coffee cake and, if people don't like it, I will bring home anything left over.  Really that won't be too much of a hardship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment