Tuesday, December 3, 2019

new and improved

A public service announcement:  
The Allen County Public Library (one of my favorite places to visit) has installed a new improved computer system.  It's been operational for a couple of weeks now.  The first day it shut down after so many people tried to access it that the system thought it was being hacked.  After that happened I decided to wait a while to go on their new system.  Yesterday I got a notice that two books I have checked out needed to be renewed.  Since I have been renewing on line for several years now, I decided the time had come to try the new system again.  No luck.  I followed their directions but couldn't get it to accept a new password. So I quit and went to bed, deciding I would renew in the oldfashioned way, by phone, in the morning.  But before I could do that I had a scheduled class with a young lady I tutor.  When I told her my tale of woe, she informed me that in order to get access I needed to either go to the library or phone in and get a new password from them.  So we went to the library.  A nice librarian helped me renew my books and also took me through the whole process of getting set up with their new system.  Time will tell if I actually find myself using this wonderful new system any more than I did the old one but it is good to be connected.  By the way, your old library card still works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment