Tuesday, December 10, 2019

waiting for my muse

Every year I write a Christmas poem instead of a newsletter.  I started this for a couple of reasons. First, when I was yeunger and busy with Christmas for our children and work and everything else, I found that I usually didn't have time to read other people's newsletters until way after the holidays.  I reasoned that if I was too busy to read a lengthy letter so might other people be. Secondly, I decided that if I just hit the ihe high points I would at least let people know my family and I were still alive.  People who were curious enough to want more details could call me.  These days they text.  Third, I must admit, while I thought my husband and children (and eventually grandchildren) were wonderful - they were mine after all - they never seemed to be able to compete with the amazing sounding accomplishments of my friends' kids. Now I shall continue with my "poetry" writing, just because I enjoy it.  So far this year I have written the title "Hip, Hip, Hooray!"  A reflection of how times and focuses have changed.  Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment