Friday, December 6, 2019

Charity

I had two interesting opportunities to give to charity today.  First, I stopped at Walmart to do some shopping, and, as I got out of my car, heard the red kettle bells ringing.  I try to drop something in when I have some cash with me so I was ready and popped something into the kettle when I reached the door.  Then I heard a voice saying "Well, hi Luci."  It was a friend of mine helping with the bell ringing.  We had a nice little chat, and I was really glad I had put something in the pot.  Later today I got a request in the mail for a donation, by a nationally known charity.  I was tempted so send them something because their mailing included some Christmas theme return address stickers.  I had just been wishing for some of those.   Then I looked more closely at the name and address on the stickers.  The address was correct but the stickers had my husband's name on them along with mine.  My husband has never lived at this address; in fact he's been dead for 13 years, so I decided he probably didn't want to make a donation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment