Thursday, May 14, 2020

another one gone

I heard on the news today that Three Rivers Festival has been cancelled for this year.  Actually they said it had been postponed a year/  This would have been the 52nd annual Three Rivers Festival.  I know this is right because July 13 would also have been my husband and my 52nd anniversary.  Every year our anniversayr was during Three Rivers Festival and we usually found something to do at the festival.  Over the years I walked in the parade a couple of times, watched as our kids marched in the parade as part of their band, ate too much at junk food alley and, since I moved downtown, listended to a lot of festival music from my balcony.  So that's German Fest, Arab Fest, Three Rivers Festival and Middle Wave all cancelled.  Which means a whole lot of quiet when I sit on my balcony on weekend evenings.  I do understand their reasons and don't fault the decision, but it's going to be a different feeling summer.  But quiet isn't necessarily a bad thing. By the way, today is Chicken Dance Day so if you need a little festival feeling, flap your arms around and have some fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment