Friday, May 1, 2020

Why didn't I think of that?

Today I asked a friend about a mystery warning light that had shown up on my car's display panel.  It wasn't a symbol I could easily identify but then, I had to consult the manual to figure out what the flat tire symbol was. I mean really, wouldn't you think that the symbol for a flat tire would be, say, a flat tire?  But no, the symbol is a cross section of a tire which looks more like a horse shoe.  But I digress.  The symbol I am currently concerned with looks most like a ship's wheel (a circle with eight spokes sticking out) but that didn't make any sense to me.  I mean the car is steering ok.  By the way, I had thoroughly searched the car's manual but this symbol wasn't in it anywhere.  But today, when I asked my friend about it he said he would do a search on line.  Well, duh, I thought, I can do that, and so I did.  Surprise!  I googled Fiat 500 repairs and the very first picture that showed up was the symbol I had been wondering about.  Turns out it's the automatic gear box warning light, hopefully just indicating that the car is low on some fluid.  I have an appointment to bring Blue (don't laugh, I know you name your cars too) in tomorrow morning.  Positive thoughts for minor surgery, please.  By the way, if you're concerned about social distancing, I was informed when I made the appointment that I can't wait there but their shuttle service will bring me home.  That's fine with me.  I'm assuming that I'll need to sit in the back seat (not on the roof) to keep my distance.  If you hear louc cries of anguish tomorrow you'll know that the repairs are going to cost more that the stimulus check which I never received.  

No comments:

Post a Comment