Saturday, May 9, 2020

Celebrate!

My west coast brother informed me that today is Butterscotch Brownie Day and also Lost Sock Memorial Day.  Both of these seemed liked days worth celebrating so I immediately Googled butterscotch brownie recipes and found an easy one for which I had all the ingredients.  It's basically a mixture of brown sugar, butter, flour and an egg.  Easy and delicious.  Very chewy, just as a brownie should be, and I'm pretty sure 'special day' calories don't count.  
About those socks; my all time favorite author/philosopher Erma Bombeck once noted that it's a sad fact that, unlike geese, socks don't mate for life.  I know it's true.  I came back from doing laundry Tuesday morning, having very carefully checked the washers and dryer for any left behind items, and still found, as I sorted and folded, that I was one sock short.  Three days later I found it curled into the sleeve of a sweat shirt that I had hung to dry.  So that one didn't get away forever, although many have.  I suspect it's all a plot by the sock industry to assure that we will continue buying more socks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment