Sunday, June 16, 2024

Another day to celebrate....

 Today, according to my west coast brother, is not only Father's Day, but also Family Awareness Day and Husband Caregiver Day.  No matter which of these days you choose to celebrate, my Wonder Spouse qualifies.  When we married, our families doubled so we are very aware of the new blended family.  Since I came home from ten days in the hospital he has certainly been my caregiver.  But we celebrated today in the traditional way.  I gave him a loving Father's Day card with a gift card to Barnes & Nobel.  He loves books about history.  He grilled bacon wrapped pork chops for supper (a gift from his son and family via Omaha Steaks).  Then we played a game of Dominoes, his choice.  And now, as in the old time movies, we will draw the curtain on the rest of the day.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment