Saturday, June 29, 2024

eating well..

 Today, according to my west coast brother, is "Great American Picnic Day."  Since I recently blogged about the panic situations that can occur at picnics, I will not now claim to love picnics. However I do like to eat, just inside, at a table if you please.  Happily we got to do that this evening.  My granddaughter and her boyfriend came to town and we took them to dinner at Cinco de Mayo, a new Mexican restaurant on Maplecrest Road. The burrito I had was really excellent. I've never had a Mexican dish with black olives in it before but I recommend it. I also enjoyed the really authentic refried beans.  Everyone else seemed to enjoy their dinners also, if the way they cleaned off their plates was any indication. Then, of course, we topped it off with churros for dessert.  I mean it's only fair to check out the desserts at a new restaurant, for comparison purposes of course.  They were delicious, fresh, warm and generously coated with cinnamon sugar.  The service was also excellent, the decor was fresh and nice and new, and the prices ranged from very reasonable to pricey.  All in all, a great place for a Friday night (or any other night) supper.  It beats a picnic in the grass any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment