Tuesday, June 18, 2024

stay calm...

 Today, according to the one who knows such things, is International Picnic Day and also International Panic Day.  I don't know if the two are intended to go together but it got me wondering what things could cause panic at a picnic.  Here's what I've come up with: a bear if you're picnicking in the woods. ants of course, an alligator if you're picnicking almost anywhere in Florida, low flying birds, sunstroke, mosquitoes, sand if you're at the beach, potato salad left out too long, skunks and many other unwanted animals.  There are also dogs lost when they run off to chase a squirrel, sudden rain storms, lightning and thunder, being beaned by a Frisby, injuring yourself (or your partner) in a three legged race, and the list goes on and on.  The more I think about this, the more I realize that picnics are much too risky.  So my advice is go to a restaurant or just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment