Sunday, March 15, 2020

a silver lining

Almost all of my regular weekly activities have been cancelled or postponed and I understand the reasoning.  I didn't mind sitting in my recliner and sipping tea while I attended church on line this morning.  On the good side I've already had time to finish up a lot of paperwork for church committees and I'm almost ready for my tax appointment on Thursday.  I think I will have plenty to occupy myself, at least for a while.  I've seen some suggestions on line like cleaning out dresser drawers and closets and baking lots of goodies.  I'll have to think about those things if I really get desparate but I always go for reading a good book first.  By the way, it seems to me that with all these cancellations and postponements, it would be a good idea to delay the tax deadline.  After all we could end up in long lines at tbe postoffice to mail our returns.  Don't even tell me you file on line, that defeats my argument.  It seems to me that August 15 sound like a good day for the tax deadline this year.  Or maybe we should just skip taxes this year????

No comments:

Post a Comment