Tuesday, March 10, 2020

how appropriate

Today, March 10 was my mother's birthday.  She was born in 1910, lived through two world wars, taught first in a one-room school house, took flying lessons, was a buyer for a major department store, started nurses' training at Johns Hopkins University Hospital, married a handsome soldier during WWII, was a wonderful mom to three children, and so much more.  I still have friends who tell me she was their favorite teacher, ever.  So it was no surprise to me when I read on one of my favorite lists that today is International Day of Awesomeness.  My mother was awesome.  Interestingly, today is also Middle Name Pride Day.  My mother and I share the same middle name and I'm proud of that.  Not proud enough to tell you what it is, but still proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment