Monday, July 5, 2021

facing it

 It's kind of a sad thing when someone doesn't recognize you.  Goodness knows there have been times when I've forgotten someone's name or face and times when someone I haven't seen for a while doesn't recognize me.  In situations like that we generally smile, maybe laugh, admit we have forgotten, remind each other of the forgotten name, and get on with life.  I don't feel insulted in situations like this but I must admit I do find it off putting when my own computer doesn't recognize me.  I mean I open my laptop almost every day, turn it on, and wait while it recognizes my face and gives me a cheery little hello (in print of course).  But this evening when I turned it on it acted like it had never seen me before.  I mean, it's been a day and a half but still.  It impudently asked me for my PIN number.  What PIN number?  I have never used a PIN number to turn it on since I've had this laptop.  So now, after following lots of prompts, I have a new PIN number.  Will I remember it when I need it, maybe two years from now?  I shall write it down of course, but will I remember where I wrote it?  Time will tell I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment