Sunday, July 11, 2021

Push it again Sam...

 How many times do you press the TV remote power button before you admit it's just not going to work?  This morning, for example, I pushed the remote once to turn on my bedroom TV.  I like to watch some news while I'm waking up.  Nothing.  I pushed it again harder.  Nothing.  I pushed it again and held it down longer; still nothing.  After the forth try I began to think something might be wrong.  A few weeks ago, I began to get very frustrated when I couldn't turn on my living room TV until I realized that I was trying to turn it on with the kitchen TV remote, but I realized that couldn't be the problem this time.  It occurs to me, as I write this, that I could solve some of my frustration by getting rid of two of my televisions but that's not going to happen.  As I sat in bed this morning contemplating the problem I almost got up to see if I could find the power button on the actual TV.  They all have them somewhere.  Before I got that desperate though, I decided to try one more thing.  I put new batteries in the remote, and yes, I did have to walk all the way into the living room to find the right size batteries in my desk drawer (I always have plenty of batteries).  So, back in bed, with brand new batteries installed, I pushed the button one more time and, drum roll please, the TV came right on.  I love it when a logical solution works.  

No comments:

Post a Comment