Sunday, July 25, 2021

I think I've figured it out.

 So here I am, sitting in my recliner, eating a bowl of ice cream slathered in chocolate syrup (in honor of National Hot Fudge Sundae Day) and watching the women competing in the Olympic gymnastic competition.  When I tuned in they were taking turns on the vault, and really, it looks pretty simple.  All you have to do is run really fast, spring into the air, flip over and do a hand stand on a little padded table, use your arms to push off from there, flip around a few times in mid-air, while keeping your legs perfectly aligned, and land standing on your feet, ideally with no extra steps.  Simple, right?  Then on to the uneven parallel bars. Evidently Simone doesn't like these.  I don't know why.  It's all pretty straight forward.  Just a little run and jump, grab the lower of the two bars with both hands and then just flip your self up and over, and over and over, while jumping with your hands from one bar to the other and back and forth, 'til you finally end up standing on your hands on the high bar, push off from there, curl into a ball, roll over in the air a few times unfold and, you guessed it, land steadily on both feet.  I think I know how they do it.  I just wish I knew where to buy those anti-gravity pills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment