Thursday, March 28, 2024

a plot???

 It may have been coincidence, but I suspect collusion.  I had my taxes 'done' this morning and all went as I anticipated.  I owe a teeny dab to the IRS ($47 if your curious) and a little more to the state of Indiana.  I was anticipating this so no problem.  My very nice H&R B tax man gave me a voucher to mail to each entity with a check.  I came home and put those papers away, knowing there was no rush, and I couldn't pay them yet anyway.  The reason being I was checkless.  Here's where the plot thickens.  Almost three weeks ago my ever patient spouse and I visited the two financial institutions where I have checking accounts, provided all necessary proof of marriage and legal name change, and, as part of the process ordered new checks.  Time passed and I received emails that the checks were on the way but none appeared.  Yet today, after my taxes were filed and accepted, they miraculously appeared in the mail.  It's obvious to me that the IRS is taking no chances that they won't get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment