Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Good eating...

I've commented several times in this blog about the excellent meals I've eaten at various restaurants.  For example, yesterday evening we had supper at Shigs n Pit.  I had the rib dinner and it was excellent.  I do not want anyone watching me when I eat ribs.  It is not an elegant sight. But today I want to comment on home cooking.  This morning my dear husband surprised me by making French toast.  It was  delicious, served up with butter, powdered sugar and pure maple syrup.  My spouse is allergic to anything with corn syrup in it so we always get the good stuff. Yummy!  One of the things I particularly  appreciated was that he served the toast one slice at a time, so I could eat all I wanted, all piping hot.  Needless to say, I did not stop at one. I do not want to weigh myself tomorrow.


And speaking of sweet treats, a girlfriend made this cute Easter treat and gave one to each of us at a recent lunch. The car is made of a twinkie with with Golden Oreos for the wheels, a sprinkles covered pretzel stuck down in the middle for the steering wheel, and of course the marshmallow bunny.  I just thought this is so clever that I had to share,

No comments:

Post a Comment