Saturday, March 16, 2024

surprise!

 

These days I am not hosting any parties or family get togethers.  I'm actually not planning ahead for much of anything.  But I do love it when accidental entertainment happens.  This evening was a great example. My husband's son (mine too, steps count) stopped in to spend the evening while his daughter (who is temporarily without a car) was working the sound board on a play at First Pres Theater. He came after supper so no meal prep necessary.  Since he had a few hours to pass with us, I invited him to join us for a game of Scrabble.  He agreed but said it had been a long time since he played. My husband helped him install the "Scrabble Spell Checker' app and we played.  We do not use any kind of timer so our game pretty much filled the whole evening.  We had a good time, lots of laughs and some really weird words, and he finished very close to his father's score. Not a bad showing for "the first time in a long time." Did I mention that I won?  Like I said it was a fun evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment