Saturday, March 9, 2024

Music seen and heard...

 I love to hear good music, but I also like to see it, so this evening was a special event for me.  My husband and I decided, as a treat after this busy moving week, and because I'm feeling better, especially in the evenings, to go to the Philharmonic.  We have season's tickets but have been giving them away for the last months, but tonight it was our turn. This evening's program included "Impressions - Suite for String Orchestra" by Assad, personally my least favorite piece (we both agreed that it went on too long).  The second piece was "Concerto for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 14" by Barber.  This one featured violin soloist Rachel Barton Pine, who was excellent.  But, far and away, my favorite was the final piece, Dvorak's "Symphony No. 7 in D minor, Op. 70."  I mentioned earlier that I like to see my music as well as hear it, and this evening did not disappoint.  The strings got a really good work out, my favorite oboe player was there, the bass section got more attention than usual, the drums rumbled and all in all it was quite entertaining.  Hooray for music, heard and seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment