Tuesday, May 7, 2024

elections...

My spouse and I voted today.  Turns out our poling place is right across the street from the entrance to our subdivision.  This was my first chance to vote since I was married in January.  New name, new address, but they had everything correct on their computers. Credit to the BMV who, when I got my new driver's license, automatically registered me to vote.  An interesting new feature in the voting booth was the printed copy of my vote that was recorded as well as the electronic version.  I am happy to confess that I'm glad this primary election is over.  I will not miss the endless, often contradictory, commercials touting one candidate and / or disparaging another.  I fully realize that new adds for the November election will start showing up any day now but perhaps we'll have a little break. As I was thinking about this I had a flashback.  Do you remember when Democratic and Republican conventions were televised and the party's nominees for president and vice president were often not known until well into the convention?  I was never a delegate to a convention but it was exciting to watch.  I really really wish there would be some surprises in this coming election.

No comments:

Post a Comment