Tuesday, May 21, 2024

the sequel..

 Yesterday, you may recall, was, among other things, "Pick Strawberries Day."  Now I have learned, thanks to my west coast brother, that today is "National Strawberries and Cream Day."  This is a delightful coincidence because I still have some of the huge delicious strawberries that were delivered to us yesterday.  So, always willing to celebrate a special day, I finished up my evening with one sliced strawberry in vanilla ice cream.  Nothing said the cream had to be liquid.  I'm pretty sure I will be repeating this dessert tomorrow.  

And speaking of things that are bright and white (like vanilla ice cream) we also had a treat of a different kind today.  We had our house washed.  It was not a pressure wash, and it's not the kind of house that you can pull through a car wash. The company that did the wash used a compound that gently washed off all of the grime that had accumulated over the twenty plus years since this siding was put on, and guaranteed their work for three years.  They did an amazing job on every surface including parts of the roof.  The house looks like new again.  Even more amazing to me is that they cleaned this big old five bedroom two story for $540. 

No comments:

Post a Comment