Monday, May 20, 2024

one of these days..

 Today is Flower Day and World Flour Day.  It's also Pick Strawberries Day and World Bee Day.  By chance I've celebrated all four of these special events today.  We were walking around the outside of the house this afternoon with a gentleman who stopped by to give us an estimate on having the outside of our house washed.  As we walked around I enjoyed the Lilys that are blooming, and the Azaleas and the Roses, so flowers.  I had lunch with a friend and enjoyed a very tasty yeast roll.  I'm sure it was made with flour.  I bet you thought I was going to say that I baked something.  Ha ha ha.  We also saw bees flitting around those flowers.  I'm not sure they were world bees but I'll assume they were.  Most surprising was a box that arrived on our front porch containing eleven enormous delicious strawberries.  We've been enjoying wonderful boxes of fruit like this one for the last several months.  They are a gift from one of my stepsons and family.  We've had pears, oranges, apples and more, but I think it's a lovely coincidence that the strawberries arrived today.  Happy flower, flour, strawberries and bees day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment