Wednesday, July 10, 2024

another day...

 Today, again credit to my west coast brother, is "Pick Blueberries Day" and also "Don't Step on a Bee Day."  Honestly, shouldn't every day be don't step on a bee day?  It's generally not a good experience for you or the bee.  Perhaps the idea is that you might encounter bees while picking blueberries.  If so, be careful.  While I do love blueberries, I pick mine from the produce department of my local grocery store.  I've never had a bee encounter there.  But thinking about blueberries reminds me of my daughter's favorite book when she was of an age to be enjoy listening as I read stories to her.  The book is "Blueberries for Sal" written and illustrated by Robert McCloskey in 1948.  It's a timeless, multiple award winning classic about a little bear cub and a little girl who have a close encounter while picking blueberries.  If you've never read it you really should. Better yet snuggle up with a child and read it aloud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment