Friday, July 12, 2024

WS does it again!

 This evening started as a perfectly normal, enjoyable dinner with my spouse's son and family.  We ate at Outback Steak House where I had not eaten before.  I must say the potato soup was delicious and so was the cheese cake.  I had mine with caramel sauce.  It began to diverge from just a dinner when our oldest granddaughter mentioned that her car had started misbehaving on the way across town.  It was running alright but lights and gauges on the dash were turning on and off in a peculiar way.  My spouse and his son quickly deduced that something was wrong with the battery.  They were right as it turned out.  Our granddaughter's battery was dead when we left the restaurant. Luckily my ever prepared (once upon a time boy scout) husband (her grandpa) had a nifty little portable battery booster and was able to help her start the car.  Then, and this is where the Wonder Spouse part comes in, he said "Follow me to the nearest battery store and I'll buy you a new battery." Which she did and he did.  He told me later that he just didn't like to think of her coming out of work in the dark (she works second trick and is still taking college classes) and finding that she had a dead battery.  I totally agreed with him.  So the new battery was installed and the car started like a dream which is saying something for a 2007 Honda Accord V6 with almost 300,000 miles on it.  Just to finish the full service evening, at my spouse's invitation, she followed us home where he supervised as she inflated all her tires to the proper pressure.  She is safely on the road again.  Thank you WS for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment