Friday, July 26, 2024

it's relative....

 Or relatives.  Today is "Aunt and Uncle's Day" which got me thinking about relationships.  When my spouse and I married, back in January, we each had two children and two children-in law.  But he has six grandchildren to my four.  But two of my grands have serious significant others which brings me up to six.  However, until we were married, my spouse had never been an uncle.  Now, by sharing mine, he has three nieces, three nephews, and the relevant in laws, and four great nephews and two great nieces.  His family has expanded by leaps and bounds.  Happily, many of these nieces and nephews and greats are children and grandchildren of my west coast brother and we will get to see them in September when we travel west.  But much closer to home, this evening we attended a graduation ceremony for my husband's oldest granddaughter (ours now).  She has her bachelor's degree but this additional year of study qualifies her to be a hospital lab technician specializing in working with blood types.  She already has a job lined up, starting in two weeks, at Parkview Regional.  It was a very nice graduation, beginning with hors d'oeuvres and cake, followed by a brief ceremony and presentation of diplomas.  She received a special honor. Then lots of picture taking and a tour of the labs where many of the students will be working.  Then out to dinner and more cake for our family celebration.  I'm loving this new enlarged family of mine and I think my spouse is too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment