Wednesday, July 3, 2024

sales are booming

....With all the complaints about cost of living increases, people still seem to be buying lots of fireworks.  At least in our neighborhood. Today, according to my west coast brother, is 'American Redneck Day' and also 'National Independent Beer Run Day.'  Please understand, I'm not disparaging rednecks.  I come from a long line of men who worked outside in the blazing sun and definitely had red necks.  I'm not sure what independent beer is but it does seem appropriate to stock up on it for Independence Day.  Coincidentally, my spouse and I saw what I think were some rednecks getting ready for tomorrow.  We were driving through a parking lot when we had to stop for a bit to make way for three gentlemen (I'm not saying they were rednecks, but they were wearing flannel shirts) pushing three shopping carts full to overflowing with fireworks across the lot from the fireworks store.  They proceeded to load all of this bounty in their pickup, after which we could proceed on our way.  I'm not sure where their fireworks ended up, but, based on the noise around here this evening, they may have followed us home.  Enjoy your 4th everybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment