Wednesday, August 28, 2024

please pass the Ritz...

 My west coast brother has informed me that today is "Crackers Over the Keyboard Day."  I'm not at all sure that this is something to celebrate but today is also "Red Wine Day" and I would much rather have cracker crumbs on my keyboard than any sort of liquid spill.  Knowing my penchant for spilling stuff, I make it a rule never to eat or drink while working on my computer.  But, thinking of spills, I am reminded of an occasion 50 years ago when I was lunching with some friends at a weekend retreat.  My children were one and three at the time and this was a lovely break for me.  While we sat at lunch, I automatically reached over and moved a friend's glass of water back from near the edge of the table.  Everyone laughed, knowing that, as a mother of toddlers, this was an unconscious  reaction for me.  Happily, these days I pretty much keep my hands off other diners glass ware.  

No comments:

Post a Comment