Tuesday, August 6, 2024

the ad that wasn't...

 Today I should have become a TV star. Well, maybe not a star exactly, but I could have been on TV.  I was asked to 'act' in a commercial for a senior residential community.  A director I've worked with in some stage productions showed the ad company my picture and they liked it. Mind you this ad is for a senior living community so the white hair and wrinkles probably helped.  And I was going to get paid for this, so I would be a pro. It all sounded like great fun.  It was one of these ads where there are people miming in different scenes while an unseen narrator touts the wonderful services of this particular facility.  I was to be one half of a happy couple sitting on a couch drinking coffee, by myself getting my hair done at their salon, strolling through the grounds with my 'spouse', the two of us sitting at an outdoor table laughing and talking with another couple, and, in the final scene, greeting our children and grandchildren when they came to visit.  I had diligently followed all of the preliminary instructions, which mainly consisted of having  enough appropriate wardrobe changes for each scene, and making sure I knew where to meet and at what time.  I was so ready, but, alas, yesterday I received an email telling me (and my co-actor) that the filming was postponed because one of the crew has COVID.  As it happened, it also poured rain this afternoon.  A future filming time to be determined.  Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment