Wednesday, August 7, 2024

seen and unseen...

 Once again thank you to my west coast brother.  Today is "National Sea Serpent Day."  I've never seen a sea serpent although it rained hard enough for a while yesterday that I wouldn't have been surprised to see one slither by.  I have been to Loch Ness but I didn't see Nessie.  I have also been to Lapland in the far north of Finland and to Alaska but have yet to see the northern lights.  But thinking about things I haven't seen got me thinking about the many things I have seen.  I have seen kangaroos hopping around in the Australian outback from a hot air balloon and the snow covered eastern side of the Sierra Nevada mountain range at sunrise.  Quite possibly my favorite sight ever.  I have seen the Grand Canyon, Old Faithful, Carlsbad Caverns, organ pipe cactus, many national parks, Venice, the David in Florence, and the Sistine Chapel. I had a beautifully clear view of the Alps on one flight.  And so much more, so who needs an old sea serpent anyway?  In September my spouse and I are taking a driving trip through the north west and coming home through Canada.  I'm certain I will add a great many new  visual memories to my mental collection.  Also, no doubt, a great many more pictures to my phone/camera.  Can't wait to get on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment