Saturday, September 28, 2024

a new review...

 This evening my husband and I went to dinner with my son and daughter-in-law.  At their suggestion we went to a newly opened (about two weeks ago) Mexican restaurant.  It turned out to be a delicious suggestion.  This restaurant, Sol De Mexico, is tucked in the corner of a little strip mall just west of Cracker Barrel on Lima Road. It's much larger on the inside that it appears from the front, and blessedly quiet.  They have some sound deadening tiles incorporated in the ceiling design.  I like good food but I also like to be able to carry on a conversation without shouting.  The food was very good.  I have a few favorite Mexican restaurants in Fort Wayne and this ranks with the best of them.  I had a burrito with deliciously seasoned beef covered with cheese, green sauce and sour cream.  So good!  The chips, served as soon as we were seated, were fresh and crispy and the salsa was just spicy enough for me.  All in all an excellent first encounter.  I highly recommend that you give it a try.  We will be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment