Saturday, September 7, 2024

EAA experience

 Today we visited the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) museum in Oshkosh, which was our whole reason for being in Oshkosh.  It was fascinating. I was not expecting much from this. Airplanes are my husband's thing but this place was actually exciting. There are more than 200 experimental flying machines represented here. Some are original and some are exact replicas. There were also videos to watch and I learned all about the annual fly ins, massive air shows with more than 250,000 people and almost as many airplanes in attendance. 



This one I liked for the colors. Such fun.


Here is a replica of one of the Wright brothers first efforts. Talk about experimental. I'm a distant relative of the Wright brothers so this holds special interest for me. 

And this picture is just for fun. I do like a friendly little airplane.
Heading west, after the museum we crossed the mighty Mississippi from Wisconsin to Minnesota.  Here's a quick driving shot of the beautiful river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment