Monday, September 16, 2024

Fun and games...

 This part of our trip west is being like a lovely long family reunion. Today we didn't rush off anywhere. Instead, one of my nieces and her husband came out to the farm for a late  lunch and plenty of time to laugh and talk and play games.  I should mention that lunch was homemade biscuits and gravy plus eggs and hashbrowns. A really delicious breakfast for lunch treat.  The games today were Five Crowns and a board game called Labyrinth.  I didn't win either one but they were both great fun.  It really doesn't matter what games we play though; game playing, for us, is a long standing family tradition. When I was a child the major games at our family gatherings were Monopoly and Euchre.  Now my husband and I play Scrabble and Gin Rummy, but it's a real treat to play something with more people.  I'm not sure why but laughter and conversation flow so much more freely during a game. Perhaps it's because, in our adult lives, taking time to play is so much fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment