Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Ticket to ride...

 When my spouse and I were visiting with my west coast  brother earlier this trip we played a game called "Ticket to Ride." This is a board game in which players compete to build trains from city to city. Today my husband and I took a real train ride. It was the Agawa Canyon Train Tour which travels four hours by passenger train into beautiful Agawa Canyon (you can't get there by car) leaving at 8am from Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.  After about two hours on our own walking the trails to explore the area, we re-boarded the train for the four and a half hour return trip. Getting there, and back, really was half the fun. I hadn't ridden on a train for a long time. The train had three engines pulling it and 18 cars, including a snack car and a dining car. These were not as elegant as you might be imagining but they did serve their purpose. We passed the time on the train watching the beauty flash by and visiting with two very interesting and congenial seat mates.  The seats were arranged with alternating rows facing each other making for easy conversation but limited leg space. All in all a long but fun day. 

A view of Agawa Canyon.  Note, the UFO, which I haven't figured out how to delete yet is a light reflected on the windows. 



No comments:

Post a Comment