Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Moving on...

Our travels continue. We left my west coast brother's home this morning.  It was a lovely visit but we needed to head home sometime. The first leg of our homeward bound journey involved going pretty much straight north, or as straight as you can go with lots of mountains in the way. We chose this route because we had decided to come east through Canada, a route neither of us has taken before.  We drove north on 95 through Idaho. This involved some really lovely scenery. I know that lots of potatoes are grown in Idaho but I had never imagined it as so beautiful. However,  if Idaho was beautiful, Canada was spectacular. We drove on 95/93 for hours, through British Columbia and into Alberta, finally ending up in Banff, a very busy tourist town, from here we will tour Lake Louise and other areas tomorrow.  But the drive itself was all the sight seeing we needed today.  As we drove north, mile after mile of amazing views of the Canadian Rockies unfolded before us. It was like driving through a panoramic technicolor movie (if you're old enough to remember such things).  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings. My spouse and I agree that these are the most beautiful mountains we've ever seen.

Pictures can't do it justice. But here is one of my attempts. As you can see it was a beautiful sunny day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment