Thursday, June 3, 2021

high points

 Today is Chimborazo Day, which evidently celebrates a mountain, actually a stratovolcano, in Ecuador.  This particular spot is the highest point on earth.  And speaking of high points, I went to dinner with a friend this evening and we had prime rib.  We went to the Factory which evidently specializes in prime rib.  Given a choice, I usually order a petite filet and he always has prime rib.  Just for once I decided to have the prime rib.  It always looks good on his plate.  So I tried it, and let me tell you, it did taste pretty good.  However, I've decided the taste isn't worth the effort.  With a filet I just slice off tender, easy to cut pieces and eat them, and yes I do use the US technique of switching my fork back to my right hand.  But I digress.  Presented with a huge slab of prime rib, swimming in juice, which can splash if you're not careful, I diligently started to cut off a bite size piece.  The meat was pretty tender but cutting through all the fat and gristle to get to it was a challenge.  I persevered and eventually ate all of the edible bites.  I estimate my piece of actual meat was about the size of a filet, just not as tender.  Guess what I'll be ordering next time?  The onion rings were good though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment